Chocolate Walnut Rocks with Maraschino Cherries are small bites of chocolaty goodness filled with heart-healthy crunchy walnuts and sweet, juicy maraschino cherries! For a more fun endeavor, I have dipped some crackers lying in my pantry with melted chocolate for a sweet and salty divine treat!!
I am back with another chocolate treat for all of you!! Actually, there is no recipe here!! All you have to do is mix in chopped maraschino cherries and walnuts in melted chocolate and pile on spoonfuls over a foil-lined plate.
Allow to set and enjoy!
For the chocolate dipped crackers, dip any sweet or salty cracker or biscuit (like Monaco, Ritz, Marie, glucose etc.) in melted chocolate (dark, milk, combination of both or even white chocolate) and allow to set. Dip them whole or only halfway; that depends upon how much chocolate you want on your cracker or biscuit/cookie!
Let the chocolate set and you have a sweet, salty treat to enjoy with friends and family!
I had some pretzels that I had got from my trip abroad recently, so I decided to dip these salty bites of crispiness in chocolate and the combination of salty, crispy and sweet chocolate dipped pretzels was to die for!
If you do not have pretzels, try making these with potato chips; the thicker or ruffled variety. Thinner varieties of chips may tend to break easily.
The world is your playground of flavors and textures! Choose any of your favorite snacks; be it a fruit like orange segments, strawberries, peeled bananas (a great way to make your kids have their fruit!) or any kind of cookie, crackers, biscuits etc. Dipped in chocolate, it metamorphoses into a divine, scrumptious snack!
Substitute with other nuts like almonds, pistachios or even peanuts instead of walnuts and experiment with raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries etc. for a plethora of flavors and textures for the chocolate rocks!
So, make these delectable chocolate dipped or covered crunchies for your next gathering, as a last-minute holiday gift or as a show stopper at your next party!!
For more similar easy chocolate candies made with just a few ingredients, try:
- Coffee Cream and Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate
- Nutella Filled Chocolates
- Homemade Almond Kit Kat Bars
- Easy Chocolate Bark
Now, let’s head on to the easy recipe for these homemade chocolates:
- 1 to 1 ½ cups finely chopped chocolate (dark, milk or a combination of both)
- ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted biscuits, pretzels, potato chips etc.
- Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- Melt chocolate either in a microwave in 30-second bursts or in a double boiler (over a pan of boiling water).
- Dip various biscuits, cookies and snacks (I have used Marie biscuits, pretzel cookies, salt biscuits like Monaco or Ritz crackers, pretzels etc.) halfway in the melted chocolate, tap gently (taking care not to crack the biscuit or cookie) to allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl and then place over aluminum foil to set.
- When there is about ½ cup of melted chocolate left in the bowl, stir in chopped walnuts and cherries, give it a good mix until they are completely coated with chocolate.
- Scoop small spoonfuls of this mixture and place them as piles on the aluminum foil.
- Leave aside to set completely either over the counter or if you are in a hurry, in the refrigerator for quick setting.
- Once set, gently slide the biscuits, pretzels, crackers, chocolate rocks off the foil and serve them at room temperature or chilled.
- Enjoy them as snacks, serve them at gatherings, parties, special occasions or give them away as scrumptious and divine edible gifts!
- Play around with different flavors and textures in the chocolate rocks like dried cranberries, raisins, almonds, pistachios, candied fruits etc. Options are limitless!
- For a healthier option, dip fruits like orange segments, strawberries or even bananas in chocolate!
- You can roast nuts before adding them to chocolate for a roasted nuts flavor in your chocolate rocks.