Mango flavored mixed fruit popsicles are the way to cool you down on a hot day. With spring already on our doorstep, days seem hotter than ever. At times like these, a big bowl of ice cream, fresh fruit juice or some popsicles with fresh fruit in them does sound exciting!!
When my boys were around, making popsicles with any juice lying in the refrigerator or even some powdered fruit drink, ended up on a stick for them to suck on all day long during the summers. You will find popsicle moulds in all shapes and sizes in my kitchen!
It has been a long time since making one of these with just me, my husband and my mother at home. With Valentine’s Day coming up and a big bottle of mango drink chilling in the refrigerator, what better time than now to treat ourselves to this sweet cold treat on a stick!
Yesterday’s jaunt to the grocery store and my kitchen is filled with fruits like grapes, strawberries, watermelon, oranges etc. Now that got me thinking and so I decided to tweak these mango pops and give them a little healthy element too!
So in went chunks of juicy red strawberries, colorful green and black seedless grapes and a few mint leaves (for added freshness) into the mango flavored ice pops! The fun part is you can use any favorite fruit you love.
Pop them in the freezer for 3 hours to even overnight, and juicy, colorful, fruity popsicles are yours to sip on, share with your Valentine or just enjoy on any hot day!
As much as I love creamy ice creams (my favorite; fudgy chocolate with lots of nuts!!) or any cold dessert like Instant Rasmalai or even a simple custard, these juicy, colorful and refreshing popsicles blew me away with its simplicity in making and the fruity texture in every bite!!
So, no more lugging packets of ice lollies, ice candies or popsicles (whatever you may call them in your part of the world), from the freezer section of the grocery to your kitchen. Just make these easy, refreshing, colorful and juicy mango flavored fruit filled popsicles and you can have an ice lolly party in your home every day!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!
Here is the simple and effortless recipe:
- 1 cup Mango Slice drink or any fruit juice
- Few pieces of cut fruit (grapes, strawberries, mango, kiwi, watermelon etc.)
- Few mint leaves (optional)
- Chop your favorite kind of fruit (I have used green grapes, black grapes and strawberries).
- If your fruit juice is not sweet, add some sugar. If preferred, add some lemon juice too.
- Drop the fruit pieces into the Popsicle moulds, dividing equally.
- Top with one or two mint leaves in each mould.
- Gently pour mango drink or fruit juice till almost to the top.
- If using plastic sticks that come with the mould, place it in the juice to close the moulds.
- If using store bought wooden popsicle sticks, stick the moulds in the freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the moulds and gently insert the Popsicle sticks. Stick it back in the freezer to completely set ( 2 hours to even overnight).
- After the popsicles have completely set, remove from the freezer.
- Place the moulds under running water for a few seconds and gently pull out the popsicles.
- Juicy, colorful and fruit filled popsicles are ready to slurp away!!