Muesli Energy Bites, a scrumptious no-bake, go-to snack for a quick energy boost when you feel hungry or need a healthy snack to munch on. Loaded with healthy breakfast muesli and heart-healthy oats, high-protein peanut butter and honey, it is a quick to make no-bake treat for you and your family!
Some days, when I am not in the mood to eat anything too sweet or calorie laden like cakes, cookies, burfis etc. or even feel too lazy to bake up or cook some snack, this no-bake treat saves my day. One of my favorites (of course, besides these muesli energy bites) is Dates and Cornflakes Energy Bites!
With ingredients almost always in my pantry like breakfast cereal, peanut butter, honey and oats, churning out these one-bite wonders that look like cute ladoos is so easy peasy, even your kids can make it!
Just melt peanut butter (the crunchy variety or creamy one; whichever you like; I love the crunchy one as I love the bits of peanuts that pop in every bite!) and stir in honey.
If you have muesli cereal, mix it with some oats (for a crispy texture, roast these a bit in a dry pan) and cocoa powder for the chocolate hit.
Stir in melted peanut butter and honey; adjust the amount of ingredients to ensure you are able to make round balls (or ladoos) out of it. You can even pop it into the refrigerator for a few minutes to make it easier to bind.
Make even sized round balls and enjoy or store in refrigerator to indulge in whenever you need a quick and healthy snack or dessert! These are so delicious and nutritious, they can even be an on-the-go breakfast bite for busy days.
That is it! Now, wasn’t that easy and fast? These are so versatile and customizable, you can add chocolate chips, dried cranberries or any other dry fruit, omit the cocoa powder if you want or even use some shredded coconut for a tropical flavor. Have fun with the flavors and textures!
So, there is no excuse not to make these crunchy, healthy bites of energy and treat your family! They are:
- Low Sugar
- High protein
- Peanut buttery
Enjoy them any time you need a healthy and super scrumptious snack. These go perfect in your kids’ snack or tiffin box as well.
For more no-bake treats, check out:
No-bake healthy bites with the goodness of muesli, oats, peanut butter and honey. Enjoy them as a healthy snack anytime!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups muesli plus oatmeal (1 cup oatmeal and 1 ½ cups muesli)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Transfer the peanut butter into a saucepan and heat on medium low heat.
- Once the peanut butter has melted, add the honey, give it a good mix and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the muesli, oats and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
- To this dry mixture, add the melted peanut-butter honey mixture and stir well until thoroughly mixed.
- If you feel the mixture is too dry, add some honey or more melted peanut butter or pop it into the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls or any shape of your choice of size and enjoy these energy bites for breakfast, as a mid morning snack or as a treat in your or your kids’ lunch box.
You can make it totally with muesli or a mixture of muesli and oats.
Cornflakes also are a good option, but you may have to crush it a bit.
To make it crispier, you can roast the oats for a few minutes in a dry saucepan.
Feel free to use any nuts, raisins, dry fruits etc including maybe chocolate chip; adjust the amount of peanut butter and honey accordingly.
Store in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
If you like my posts and recipes, do not forget to Pin, Share, comment in the box below or like my Facebook page