Now who does not like cinnamon rolls? The smell of these soft, buttery, scrumptious rolls wafting in the air with its heavenly cinnamon flavor, the minute they start to bake in the oven is something I cannot resist. Regular cinnamon rolls take some preparation and time, and today, seeing the roll of refrigerated Pillsbury Crescents lying in the refrigerator, my mind raced to think of using this can to make my favorite sweet roll “Quick and Easy Crescent Cinnamon Roll” in a jiffy without waiting to make the dough from scratch and putting up with the agonizing long wait to let them rise.
Hope you all will make this quick and easy cinnamon roll and enjoy them with your family.
Quick and Easy Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 2 tablespoons or more softened butter
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 can refrigerated Pillsbury crescent roll (8 oz can)
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered or icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk or water
To make the rolls:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or butter the bottom of an 8-inch or any round pan with butter. Keep aside
- Open the canister of the Pillsbury crescent roll and unroll the dough on to a lightly floured and clean cutting board or counter top.
- Seal the perforations of the dough by pinching them so that there are no holes or gaps.
- If preferable, using a floured rolling pin, you can slightly roll this dough.
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough till the edges.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl, sprinkle this over the butter evenly to coat the entire dough.
- Now, starting from the shorter side, roll the dough as tightly as possible to make a roll.
- Cut them into to 1 inch pieces using a sharp knife. If the dough has become soft, pop them in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Place these rolls cut side up in the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or more till they are golden light brown in color.
For the glaze:
- As the rolls are baking, in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk to make a smooth glaze.
- As soon as the rolls are out of the oven, cool for about a minute. Then spoon the glaze all over the warm rolls and serve them immediately.
Enjoy these gooey, sweet, cinnamon rolls fresh and warm from the oven!!!!
You can adjust the amount of butter, sugar and cinnamon to your taste.