Chocolate bark is the easiest candy you can make. This is one indulgence I can have any time!!! Colorful white chocolate bark with crunchy pistachios and tangy dried cranberries with the additional sweetness of maraschino cherries; dark chocolate bark (and a mix of milk chocolate) studded with toasted almonds and raisins; perfect for an after-meal treat, for parties or to gift away to friends and family!!!
Ho ho ho!!! Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to all of you!!!! I come bearing some decadent gifts for you….chocolate bark, my kind of guilt-free indulgence (you ask why guilt-free? Well, I have never ever felt guilty eating chocolate!!).
It is so easy to make… just melt some chocolate (white, dark, milk or a mix of dark and milk), stir in or top with some ingredients like nuts, dry fruits (like cranberries, dried apricots, raisins etc.), cookies, marshmallows, crushed mint candies, M&Ms… the list can go on; just let your imagination go wild.
Spread onto parchment paper or aluminum foil lined pans, chill for a few minutes and break them into pieces. Your instant decadent treat is ready in no time!! No baking involved, no lengthy recipe to follow!!! Top it with your choice of toppings; a blank canvas of chocolate will tickle your imagination to experiment with your kind of add ons to your favorite chocolate!!!
By this time you all must be aware of my fetish for chocolate!! Do try my other chocolate recipes: Nutella-filled Chocolates, Homemade Kit Kat Bars, Best Fudgy Brownies, Marbled No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees centigrade. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden. Keep aside to cool.
- Roughly chop half of the almonds and keep some whole.
For the white chocolate bark with pistachios, cherries and cranberries:
- Line a lightly greased (to hold the foil or parchment paper in place while spreading the chocolate) baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with additional oil; if you have parchment paper, nothing better than that. Keep aside.
- Chop the maraschino cherries roughly into 2 to 3 pieces each.
- If you prefer, you can chop some of the pistachios and leave the rest whole.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate into even size pieces (to facilitate quick and even melting).
- Place the white chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high power in 30-second bursts until the chocolate has melted, stirring in between. Mix well till completely melted and smooth. You can do this in a double boiler too.
- Stir in some of the cherries, pistachios and cranberries into the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour onto the foil and spread with a spoon, spatula or offset spatula evenly to about ¼ inch thickness (or any thickness you want).
- Sprinkle additional cherries, pistachios (some whole and some chopped) and cranberries on top.
- Refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes till the chocolate is set completely and firm enough to cut.
- Peel off the foil and cut the white chocolate bark into pieces with a knife or with your hands and enjoy!!
For the dark chocolate barks:
- Roughly chop the milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Mix both and place in a microwave safe bowl. As mentioned above, melt the chocolate till smooth and satiny.
- Stir in part of the chopped almonds and some of the raisins. Mix well.
- Pour onto a foil-lined pan and spread evenly. Top with additional chopped and whole almonds and raisins.
- Refrigerate till firm. Peel off the foil and cut roughly into pieces.
- Serve these scrumptious, decadent chocolate barks at your next party, gift it to friends (you cannot find an easier recipe to make an edible gift) or just bite into one yourself for a chocolaty, heavenly treat!!!
I am sharing this with #FiestaFriday